Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stll More...

I do not know what this is for,
I do not know when this will stop.
I rang Barry's Bell
or rather my bell for Barry,
For an end of suffering and healing.
Not an end of life as we know it, but of a continuation.
For hope and joy.
My life did not end, when it seemed it should.
Someone told me I was an inspiration.
I do not know, I only know a force has been released inside of me that I can not stop and it will not stop.

Confusion, why?
Not why the suffering, because that is a common thread for all mankind.
Rather why the gaps in remembrance?
Why the loss of things that were important for they made up my life.
Pleasant, unpleasant, it is unimportant.
They exist, but not in memory.
Did they happen?
Did the tree make no sound in the forest when it fell because no one was there?
Did the stone not make ripples in the pond because no one saw it?
The time and space are still missing.

4 comments:

Barry said...

"Did the tree make no sound in the forest when it fell because no one was there?"

Maybe, or maybe not. But I sure have been hearing a lot of bells recently!

And been overwhelmed by them!

Gail said...

HI JOEYU-

May I suggest that you relax, breathe..........try to surrender to the moments as they unfold - there is such power in surrender - and there is great power in breathing.

Loving you
Gail
peace.....

Unknown said...

Barry - I am hopeful for you!
Gail - this is an accumulation of thoughts that came pouring out, It is a statement of things that formed me when I did not know it. It is only an expression of all and in the last post it is finished.
Where these things comes tumbling out of my heart I have vague ideas, but i let them! Love to you.

Woman in a Window said...

I read this, "They exist, but not in memory." as "They exist, but not in mercy." I like each.

"Pleasant, unpleasant, it is unimportant." I keep having holy shit moments throughout this poem.

xo
erin