Sunday, May 30, 2010

Days of rememberance

Tomorrow is Memorial day,
a day to remember those who died.
My mom called earlier in the week,
to remind me that it was the day my dad had died.
I know it is important to her, the day he dies,
but for me, it is all the days that he lived.
He fought in the World War, but he survived
and lived a long and interesting life.
It is that life that i remember, not the moment of his death.
My mom, i understand,
remembers the day she was left alone.
it is important to her.
But with me.
the same will be for her,
when she goes,
i will remember her life....

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi-
oh my, tears of deep understanding fall from my eyes -

love you man
gail
peace and hope

betchai said...

i love this post Joey, of remembering the life.

Brenda's Arizona said...

Oh, lovely post. "Remembers the day she was alone" brings teams to my eyes and heart. I love your comparison of what we remember. Thank you!

Woman in a Window said...

The best way to honor life, Joey.

xo
erin