Sunday, November 6, 2011

coming soon

i tend to really enjoy my birthdays and i have one coming soon.
i do not think of "getting older", but of living another year.
I tend to celebrate all week and today was the begining.
Simple, easy - soft boiled eggs, butter, toast.
My mom would make this often in the mornings, so it has a special meaning,
but it is such a simple thing.
Yesterday - i made a pumpkin bread ( a real yeast bread with pumpkin).
I have never made yeast bread, but the chemist in me helped when i used an old flour and too much pumpkin (i adjusted it till it looked right)!

It came out very good and only one of three loafs is left (I did not eat the other two!)

I will never call myself a baker - it takes too much work, but icould get use to eat this!

More days to come and i am hoping for an Aurora for my birthday!

5 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Happy birthday week!! :-) I love that you honor yourself all week and celebrate another year of living. That special simple breakfast that your Mom used to make warmed my heart and I could taste it mmmmmmmmm and your yeast pumpkin bread looked so good. Yeast, when you become its friend is an amazing and wonderful ingredient with which to bake.
Enjoy
Love Gail
peace......

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks really nice. Why do we just make pumpkin bread and pie in Fall? We should make it a year round ingredient! WIll you sign our petition?

Unknown said...

i am a big fan of pumpkin - sweet and savory...of course it could be that the harvest of pumpkins only is in the fall that we do not have it year round, but it won't stop me for signing your petition!

Unknown said...

I had to come to the US to get to know pumpkin -and I love it -pie, bread, soup, anything with pumpkin in it. Happy Celebration week!!

Shionge said...

Hey sorry if I have missed your Birthday but here goes...Happy Happy Birthday to you and many many happy returns.

Hmmm...now who took the other two loafs???? Me want one ya :D