Monday, March 19, 2012

newness

there are days i think i am complaining an awful lot in this blog.
The difficulty i seem to have with it alll...
Then i heard a sermon that struck me deeply -
it was simple, for it talked of complaining and how it festers and grows and spreads...
Then it got to the heart of the matter, that the basis of our complaining is fear.
I heard that well...
because with out a doubt,
my life has changed, but it did not end.
I am stil groping my way past all that goes on,
but my life did not end...
in many sences, it began.
Some thing new is happening and some times i hang on to what "used to be",
but that is no more.
The fear is like all of us, the unknown.
I know that i will not be doing chemistry till i die...
the joke that old chemist never die, they just fail to react is no longer true for me.
all of this past life is coming to a close.
I do not know what it will be, but i am okay with it.
So if at times,
i sound like some one whinning and complaining...
I am, cause i am afraid of the new, but i already know...
It will be better.
So like spring every thing is coming up
and it is beautiful

4 comments:

Carole said...

You express yourself very well. Good luck and kia kaha (as we say here in New Zealand - it means stay strong)

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Change does often bring the unknown and that can be scary, indeed. You are wise to vent ... helps keep you grounded and sane. I do like that you have hope for the future. That probably counts the most of all. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless! : )

Gail said...

HI JOEY - I love how you process and sort. :-)
Love Gail
peace.....

erin said...

joey, it is not easy as long as we resist. i know this, too. and then i resist:)

fear, i think, in all of its forms, can be reduced to the elemental fear of transience. change is directly related to this. often i wonder what our world would look like if we truly taught transience in, let's say kindergarten. if we taught acceptance of it, it being the ultimate fact of life and that which gives life meaning.

you grow beautifully.

xo
erin