Friday, August 3, 2012

How not to deal with an unhappy customer

a while back i wrote on how someone took a disgruntled customer (me)
and made me do a retract and shout out to a restaurant.
Tonight is the opposite.
It was a simple issue, a pork Souvlaki came out and did not taste "right'.
It did not seem to be all the pieces, but after the first taste, my companion could eat no more.
Now this can happen and not be a restaurant's fault, but a good restaurant will not question an uneaten plate of food, the waiter, who may have been inexperienced did.
I was tired from a long drive and may have been short tempered, but i pulled - "do you want me to take it to my lab tomorrow to test it" on him.
He may have consulted with the manager on duty, but they did not show.
The bill came and there was an attempt to have us pay the entire bill, with the uneaten Souvlaki.
When we questioned this we were told the cook tried this and it was fine.
This is not how you win customers.
The manager never came and i nor anyone i speak to will ever go back to the Athens Pizza & Restaurant in Stamford.

3 comments:

Carole said...

Good on you for complaining. Most people just vote with their feet and say nothing. Hope you are having a good week.

luluberoo said...

Wow-everyone dropped the ball! There were several chances for service recovery, and no one even tried. At the hospital where I work we were told a happy "customer" (patient) would tell 2 people, but an unhappy one would tell at least 12 people!

Granny Annie said...

Our one local cafe has great onion rings. I rarely eat them because they are not on my healthy eating plan. However once in a while it is a treat. The waitress brought me my order and I looked down at blackened rings. "Are you kidding me?" I asked and she said "I know. They look awful. I will take them back." That pleased me except when she brought back another order,they looked as bad as the first batch. She said, "The cook is mad at me so it won't do any good to try again. I'm going to take these off your bill." And she did. Why would a cook that is angry with a waitress take it out on the customer? Did our waitress have to pay for the food she took off our bill?