Tuesday, January 29, 2013

challenge

An actual cooking challenge by those who live with me.
We bought something one not on a lark,
a Wishbone Buffalo Blue Cheese salas dressing.
After attempting to use it, we found it awful for salad.
The challange - i bet this would go good woith chicken,
you up to try it.
I knew i would not
- i do not use these things in my salad because all they are is oil and artifical flavor,
but...
Tonight i used what i had in the house and bought some crumbled blue cheese.
chicken leg quarters.
my dried ground chili peppers
panko bread crumbs.
Coat the chicken with a mixture of the bread crumbs, cheese and chili powder with some salt.
baked at 350 for about 30 minutes
- until i smelled the blue cheese browning, then lowered the temperature to 290.
Cooked for an hour at the lower temperature.
Prepared my sides - rice and baby lima beans (seperately).

This was way out of my comfort zone -
i do not like hot wings that much and this is not a style i cook - strictly American.

Some one gave me a 10 out of 10 on the dish.
This was strange and do not look to see if i will be on any cooking shows -
there is NO way!

2 comments:

Shionge said...

Sounds yummy just by reading this but I am not a cheese person so....eh....can I skip that :)

Genskie said...

Thinking about it makes me salivate hehehehe