About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

challenge

An actual cooking challenge by those who live with me.
We bought something one not on a lark,
a Wishbone Buffalo Blue Cheese salas dressing.
After attempting to use it, we found it awful for salad.
The challange - i bet this would go good woith chicken,
you up to try it.
I knew i would not
- i do not use these things in my salad because all they are is oil and artifical flavor,
but...
Tonight i used what i had in the house and bought some crumbled blue cheese.
chicken leg quarters.
my dried ground chili peppers
panko bread crumbs.
Coat the chicken with a mixture of the bread crumbs, cheese and chili powder with some salt.
baked at 350 for about 30 minutes
- until i smelled the blue cheese browning, then lowered the temperature to 290.
Cooked for an hour at the lower temperature.
Prepared my sides - rice and baby lima beans (seperately).

This was way out of my comfort zone -
i do not like hot wings that much and this is not a style i cook - strictly American.

Some one gave me a 10 out of 10 on the dish.
This was strange and do not look to see if i will be on any cooking shows -
there is NO way!

Post a Comment