About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

First results for the next steps...

Okay, I had my first next step, an endoscopy, today. Not all the results are known, a few biopsies to wait for, but the first bit of info is clear - the esophagus muscles are not doing what they are suppose to do and so I must allow gravity to be the biggest influence when I want to swallow food. There was a little irritation (redness) in the stomach and esophagus, but it was not a real concern. The bad news is that there are no drugs or exercises that can help it get going. This is of course different than the mouth and tongue issues that I initially that exercise help me get past. I have heard the word before and I will again, it means that 'time' is the only answer so I will have to go with this.
Post a Comment