Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The full moon cometh...

After that brief encounter yesterday, I found many more last night and today.
Some where delightful, some mystifying, and others where unbelievable.
I come home to find that my neighbors have put their house up for sale and a sales rep is there with someone interested and I happen to know the rep.
I am all for home sales and really would like this to go through for what they are asking, so i talked it up a bit when the rep approached me. I think this is the same house the newly renamed "Strictly Stamford' was talking about (of course now I am wondering if this person is stalking me).
A few minutes of talking to another neighbor, i go inside and get a phone call identifying themselves as one of the people who are selling the house.
Caller: "Don't talk with any one about our house, I don't trust nobody".
I tell them I was talking up the neighborhood and their house and got.
Caller: "Well thank you, but don't talk to anyone, I don't trust anyone."
Strange!
Come home today and our near out of work mentally disabled person (NOT David) who we host here is playing a RUSH CD on his computer and asks if it is too loud. Courteous and nice and I don't mind his music, but he almost never asks if he is playing his music too loud.
At work, another phone call, this time very strange.
Caller lists a bunch of credentials and whose who about themselves before telling me they are seeing really big rats over at the redoing of the Mill River Park.
I do not do anything about this, but tell them the person I will transfer them to before giving them the number. Something in my polite demeanor set them off and they began yelling that they did not want to be transferred and a tirade so loud that I had to hold the phone away from my ear. When things quieted a bit I went back to ask if I could transfer them to someone who could help them, but they hung up. i was not angry, but neither was I willing to be abused trying to help someone. Strange.
The ticks came in and i helped people as much as i could and had many thank you's back. that was nice.
Waters came in until 1 Pm so i was busy till 1:30. I left exhausted.
Some full moon effect!

4 comments:

Libby said...

mmmmm-hmmmm...yep, full moon...

Jeannette StG said...

Full moon - always found it strange that weather patterns really effect some people's moods! Storms I can understand, but the moon! One of my good friends is a midwife (in Holl. they actually are allowed to have a practice like an MD) and she says that there are always more births around full moon!

Love your painting! Very well caught with minimal lines:)

Unknown said...

Of course I had to have still one more thing happen - I'll label it in explicable.
Took my walk without glasses, which is now a regular exhausting exercise and walked to the center of the church parking lot where there is a street light in the middle. I first walked using my weakest eye as the focus (two images, but i=one predominates) walked directly to it and it was wild to see the 2 images converge as i got near. the I use the other eye, still 2 images. Each is separated by many feet according to my vision, walked right to it again. I do not understand the brain.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeanette on the comments on the painting. Shrimp boats are some of my favorite things (including eating the shrimp)