Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A history of Painting - The good stuff and what happens now

I explained in my last post that I had a "good" period". It was inspired by surroundings and nature and remembrances. From my parents in Colorado, I learned that snow scenes were fun (I still do not like snow to be in) and that fall was my favorite season.
I will also reiterate that the Stamford Art Association members at the time were uninterested in anything i did and did not even think they should be displayed in any of their shows (Do you think I am unhappy with them? Yep!) At this point I was selling 2 or 3 paintings a month with requests beginning to backup so I was completely unconcerned with what "they" said"
.
Colorado with snow


In the fall.


Vermont in the snow

remembrances:



Tomorrow what i have been doing now (and it seems that I am happy again!).

2 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

What is "wrong" with them?? Guess you're falling out of the bell curve of those artists, LOL
It was so with Vincent van Gogh, so you are in good company! I like your snow paintings the most, and also the Crossing they have that soft wintery haze over them. Hope you don't let any opinion that people have regarding your art bog you down!

Unknown said...

It was funny, I was upset at first because i could not "show" anything when there was an art show, but it never stopped people from finding out I painted and asking me to paint something for them!
Goes to show you.