Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pondering

Yesterday, I went down to the "city" for the optometrist/ophthalmologist/head trauma appointment.
The place is SUNY school of optometry - they teach, they learn, they research. It is a good place to be if you have problems like mine.
Between travel and the appointment, it takes a full day.
Between the testing and the new exercises, I am pretty much wiped out.
They treat you very well. I guess It was between classes and the very joyful head of the school was the one to examine me.
I wish I lived in New York, I would ask her out. Nice, professional, joyful, knowledgeable and she let me know, single.
This is one of the strange things lately that I am dealing with - people and women especially seem to be somewhat attracted to me.
I am not used to this. It is confusing. Maybe I am dreaming.
Some want something, mostly what i can not give at this time, but I can tell. I never could before.
Most are joyful, happy people. I wonder if I exude any joyfulness myself?
There is very little for me to hide any more and so there are some people I have told I do not want around me. I almost never did that before.
John was with me, cause no one thinks I can get around by myself completely yet (not even me, not in a crowded place).
John is tall, divorced and all the women look at him, but he does not see it. He to will learn.
Mean while, I am trying to learn my path.
The shy geek in me seems to be being replaced with something else.
I do not fully know who that is yet, I am learning.
I did not think I would do this post and I may still delete it, but for now this is what happened as I woke up in the morning.
There are other parts having to do with my current work, we will see.

5 comments:

listen for azure said...

I think that is truly wonderful. I have to ponder this though. Like your friend John, are you just suddenly discoveringsomething that was there all along?

Grant said...

Being ill hasn't made me more studly or attractive to Japanese women. I got gypped.

Gail said...

Hi White mist-
Good morning. Your day sounded exhausting - I got a kick out of your 'adolescent' reflections as you wrestle with the women that are attracted to you. I guess if you have to be pondering anything I like that you cn ponder how women ar attracted to you as opposed to the million other things you could be wrestling with. :-) So, ponder away and enjoy!!

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Mark said...

You have become more real, you reveal more of your true self and the energy that you are is attracting more people to you and you are becoming more aware of that which you may have missed before. Enjoy!

betchai said...

oh, as we let ourselves out when we write, we feel a release of stress as well, and feel more free. i wish you very well.