Monday, August 3, 2009

Watercolors

I want to thank a few people for inspiration today.
First, Shooting my Universe, mostly because he is the latest photographer to have captured an image i wanted to paint!
I asked for permission to paint from his photos and received a package of photos from the Eastern Point Light house. They were wonderful.
Here is the picture I chose:

and this is the result:


There are others, like Soundbounder that I have done this to before. Sometimes an image captures something in my heart/spirit and I want to see what I do with it.
These people are prolific and very good photographers and I enjoy their work a great deal.
My other inspiration is all of you artist out there that I love to see:
Cogito Ergo Suma
Mysteries
Blissful Bohemian
Artful Chica's Studio
Let me show you Vermont
There are many more, some I just scan (read lurk here) and some I do not like the style and do not follow, but all have been encouraging to me.
Thank you.

6 comments:

Grant said...

Don't you find hot Asian women to be inspiring? You should paint some of them. I don't mean portraits of them - you should do nude body art on them. Send them to me when you want me to lick them clean.

Unknown said...

Grant - Sadly I use the wrong kind of paint for that to be effective. Now if I could figure how to use berry juice, I would love to give it a try!

cherie said...

you are a very good painter, sir. beautiful rendition right there.

Jeannette StG said...

I love that landscape: the sun, the wind, the sea, and some pretty buildings - perfect pic to paint! It's easy to be encouraging if someone's heart and soul is in it, like yours:)

Unknown said...

To all who commented, thank you for your encouragement!
And for your kind words!

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting!
And thanks for the links to some new sites for me to explore.