These are the vegetarian recipes!
8” zucchinis sliced in half
Tomato sauce (puree, 1 large can)
Coarse chopped parsley
Shredded Italian cheese (Parmesan, Romano, etc.)
Red or rose wine
· Coat a saucepan with olive oil and heat garlic.
· Before garlic browns, add tomato sauce and salt to taste, mix well
· Add oregano and wine and let cook on low heat for at least 1 hour.
· Coat a baking pan with olive oil.
· Cut criss-cross lines in the zucchini and Place in pan cut side up.
· Top with sauce, mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese.
· Bake at 275 to 300 for 1 hour (cheese should be melted, may be tan, but not dark brown)
· Top with parsley and cut in half.
Burgundy wine mushrooms
· Melt butter in pan
· Add mushroom and just brown
· Add scallions, parsley and black pepper
· Add wine
· Bring to a boil and thicken with either a rue (flour and butter or corn starch)
· Reduce heat and serve.
Whole wheat tortillas
Red chili tomato sauce
Monterrey Jack Cheese
whole green pepper (optional)
Course chopped cilantro
· Add long rectangle of cheese and cilantro to tortillas and roll. (add the pepper if you want it here)
· Put corn oil and chili powder and cumin into a baking pan and mix.
· Turn the tortillas in the oil.
· Add red chili tomato sauce onto rolled tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
· bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
· Heat oil and then add sesame and cumin seeds and heat for one minute.
· Add rice and coat with oil.
· Add wine and bring to a boil.
· add chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
· I serve with chopped chives.