Monday, October 26, 2009

Answers

My Eyes hurt today.
Of course I was working yesterday and If I figure right, I will continue to do so until January,. Sigh!
I go to a conference tomorrow and Wednesday I take off (and I will present something at the conference).
I will give a start to the answers to my puzzle, slowly of course!

Chili
Ground buffalo meat (2 #)
Ground chicken meat (1 #)
Lean ground beef (1#)
Chopped onions (2)
Butter
Diced hot peppers to taste
Diced red bell pepper
Diced tomatoes (canned is okay) about 1 16 oz can.
Chili powder (to taste)
Cumin (to taste)
1 beer (Dos Equis is preferred)
Special addition – one orange cut into pieces (include peel)
Burgundy wine
Course chopped cilantro
· Browning the meat and onions first is best.
· Place into crock-pot and turn on low.
· Add all spices and peppers, except Course chopped cilantro.
· When every thing is hot, add diced tomatoes.
· After 5 hours of cooking add 1 beer
· After 1 more hour add orange and wine
· Add Course chopped cilantro cook one more hour
· Serve with Course chopped cilantro on top.
This can be frozen until the day to be used.

Greek meatballs!
1 pound ground lamb
1 pound lean ground beef
2 course chopped onions
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup dry mint leaves
diced garlic (1 tablespoon)
olive oil
oregano
lemon juice
Mixed it all very well
add olive oil to just cover baking pan
make small (no more than 1 & 1/2 inch) rolled balls.
Sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice
Place then on the pan and bake at 350 until just brown.
sprinkle a small amount of salt.
This can be frozen until the day to be used.

5 comments:

Barry said...

The recipes look very yummy, especially to someone who has only just recently given up meat. I'm just thankful I'm not close enough to smell the aromas emanating from your kitchen. I'm not sure if I could control myself and stay on this vegetarian path.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-
Oh my goodness. "thank you". I am SO copying these recipes.

"Thank you"

Love Gail
peace.....

Unknown said...

Do not fear. there will be vegetarian items as well that will make your mouth drool!

Jeannette StG said...

I love these recipes - the beer and orange will give it a specific taste! For sure will try both! Thanks so much! I'm also looking forward to the vegetarian dishes you're gonna post.

listen for azure said...

Excuse me, I have some shopping to do....