Saturday, March 13, 2010

struggle

So many struggles.
so many distractions in each of our lives.
they bend our way
and confuse our minds.
Lies, health, meanness all around us...
seeking to change our way.
The lies will exist no matter what truth be told, why argue?
Our health will be good and bad and in the end we die, why worry?
Mean actions and people,
with agendas of power and selfishness are always here, shall they distract us?
Sometimes it seems that the fight comes from all sides
and instead of engaging them,
we should just step to the side and continue our path, our seeking.
 
For our goal is not to merely survive. but to live.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

Quite the rainy weekend, huh?

And yes, step aside indeed - although - I am so gratified when I step up, and face something or someone and I walk away empowered. Not necessarily right, but certainly true.

Love you man
Gail
peace....

Annie Coe said...

Hi Joey. I think whatever we give our attention to grows, so stepping aside and letting go of worry, sounds good to me :-).

Libby said...

great post for today, joey! thank you!

Droomvla said...

I LOVE this post. Thanks for sharing it with us. Can I borrow it and post it in my blog? LOL