Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Confounding thoughts

I wander.
Lost,
Confused,
Dazed,
in a fog so dark, my blurred vision seems to pale beside it,
The strange double vision,
which seems to have become my friend these long nights,
i prefer over the darkness of …
confusion, and hopelessness that I feel.
Pain and anguish come to my heart,
yet i do not understand the source.
I struggle and fight
And yet no end seems in sight for this darkness in my soul.
I know neither the days, nor weeks, nor even the years during this long struggle,
They are but a blur to my mind.

It is a strange thing to think,
but what was my greatest strengths have become my greatest weakness
and my greatest weaknesses... have becomes my greatest strengths.
This confuses me …
And gives me comfort at the same time!

Life still lives
And in the midst of all confusion,
i know that this will pass.
And there will be sunlight and gentle rain and peace,
replacing this confusing and unknown anguish of my soul.

To brighter days and joy.

2 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Such paths we all walk alone - I know so well th darkness and confusion of which you write. It is in the aloneness that we come to the light whole - I can see you Joey - I am here when you emerge. And know I want to desperately go in and'shnow you the way' but I know it is not my path to forge. I am waiting for you.

Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Jeannette StG said...

It's a great comfort, isn't it "that this too will pass"
it has become my prayer on days when I was completely overwhelmed with days full of deadlines in school in addition to motherly chores.

Also, it's is often that our greatest weaknesses become our greatest strengths -I think it happens when we are determined to cross that finishing line!