Monday, April 5, 2010

I am a stubborn cuss

I will not give up.
I will not stop pushing myself.
This is not always a good thing, but then when it comes to cooking, I was told yesterday (Easter dinner) that I have gone from Okay to excellent.
It is all because I am sooo stubborn.
I did a simple smoked ham Ham shank.  added pine apple to the side, pored an orange and honey glaze I had made over it and sprinkled ground clove over it.
I baked at a low temperature for hours, dunking it in the sauce regularly.
I had cross-hatched the fat so the juices penetrated the meat.
I cooked turnip greens with onion and chicken stock (my own, so it had fat within).
I picked dandelion greens again and fried that with the remainder of the hot sausage i had cooked.
I stuffed mushrooms with celery, onion, mozzarella cheese and egg (to hold it together).
The hot sausage?  That was part of a sausage/cheese bread I made (The bread brought frozen, like pizza dough),
The remainder of the ricotta cheese that I used for the bread went into a custard with mixed fruit!
I started at 8 and did not stop until 2 (okay, I took a couple of breaks in between),
boy am i stubborn!

3 comments:

patty said...

Don't you EVER give up. EVER.

Grant said...

For some reason, certain foods don't sound appealing to me. That includes ragu, flank, shank, and brisket.

Lori said...

Ditto Patty...DON'T EVER GIVE UP.There have been many times I have wanted to throw in the towel and call it a day, but everytime something within stops me from stupid thinking. Fight the good fight. Sounds like you made a delightful meal! Happy Easter my friend.