About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Monday, April 5, 2010

I am a stubborn cuss

I will not give up.
I will not stop pushing myself.
This is not always a good thing, but then when it comes to cooking, I was told yesterday (Easter dinner) that I have gone from Okay to excellent.
It is all because I am sooo stubborn.
I did a simple smoked ham Ham shank.  added pine apple to the side, pored an orange and honey glaze I had made over it and sprinkled ground clove over it.
I baked at a low temperature for hours, dunking it in the sauce regularly.
I had cross-hatched the fat so the juices penetrated the meat.
I cooked turnip greens with onion and chicken stock (my own, so it had fat within).
I picked dandelion greens again and fried that with the remainder of the hot sausage i had cooked.
I stuffed mushrooms with celery, onion, mozzarella cheese and egg (to hold it together).
The hot sausage?  That was part of a sausage/cheese bread I made (The bread brought frozen, like pizza dough),
The remainder of the ricotta cheese that I used for the bread went into a custard with mixed fruit!
I started at 8 and did not stop until 2 (okay, I took a couple of breaks in between),
boy am i stubborn!
Post a Comment