Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A matter of how we look at things

I was speaking to a friend, who i consider spiritual.
There was nothing wrong with how she sees things, but i realized it is not my way.
I want to feel everything, the pain, the confusion, the not understanding, in all my situations,
but for what she was saying, that was all unimportant, God would take care of a situation.
I also believe God will take care of the things most troubling me, but in the meanwhile, i want to feel it all.
Every drop of discomfort,
every bit of pain,
every bit of confusion
because it makes all the good things so much more, alive!
I am good with that.

4 comments:

Brenda's Arizona said...

I am completely with you on this one! I don't know what it is that makes me glad I feel the pain, the confusion, the discomfort. It does not discount my spirit/my faith. But it means I don't have a smile on my face everyday.

Good words you wrote!

Jeannette StG said...

I think God cares about your feelings!!

Woman in a Window said...

You are
good with that.
Me too.

xo
erin

Unknown said...

If ONLY a strong 'belief in God' prevented one from feeling pain, confusion and discomfort! One need but look at how Jesus suffered on the Cross to see that NO ONE on earth escapes pain and misery at one time or another. If Christ was in such agony that he even cried out asking why his own Father had 'forsaken him', imagine what that means for us. Truly, believers will suffer. But God assures us that we will have what we NEED to endure all of our trials. He also promises to 'be there with us', both literally and often through the people He sends to care for us--our friends and family. It's true!
Suffering is an inherent part of all major religions. Just living is difficult enough, but some self-flagellate (Christian monks) and deny themselves (Buddhist & other 'monks') in order to gain more 'spiritual insight'.
Not for me, thank you. Just living is hard enough!
God Bless You,
Rev. Barb