Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A triumph of sorts

The New Year, 2011
I think of “things” over the past year,
my eyesight,
as difficult as it seems,
does not degrade nor detract
from me.
The essence of me,
The spirit,
The soul
Of that man who is me.

I
Still am
And the thought and the feelings that are me,
have only improved,
No matter what I or others think.

I wobble and weave, many times like a drunkard,
but i am clear headed.
My sight,
through these eyes,
Is double,
but in my spirit,
is single,
Fixated on these things most important
To us as humans.
The lessons are learned,
Never to be forgotten on a cloudy day.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

your words speak to the beautiful and strong heart and soul of you - never to be jaded by circumstance - rather enhanced and ever more real - hallelujah!
love you man
Gail
peace.....

Jeannette StG said...

YES, I hope more people with physical difficulties would have such a strong sense of identity! Happy New Year to you - wish to you recovering of your health!

Woman in a Window said...

loving you
your mind
and your singular spirit

xo
erin