About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Friday, June 3, 2011

comparative loss

over the last 2 1/2 years, i have been dealing with the loss of a portion of my physical well being.
over the last 2 months, i have been dealing with the death of my moth.
What has been surprising to me is just how similar the emotions in each is.
Although i was told by people knowledgeable in such things, i could not comprehend such a thing until it happened.
The initial shock and then bewilderment and then slowly doing what you must to go on.
The most surprising of the similarities though, is just how much the needs of living in this world interfere with the full recovery of both.
You simply must do certain things in order to continue and of course this includes, but is not limited to , work.
I think i am becoming resentful that i must still do this.
Post a Comment