Monday, January 30, 2012

not sure if i should've gotten out of bed today

The signs were there
it should have been obvious,
I was oblivious.
The walk in to work was okay,
'cept for the car that speed up as i was in the cross walk,
missing me by feet,
but i continued on.
Then there was the man asking for money for coffee,
I bought him a coffee,
but he wanted more money after that.
I kept going.
At work, after i punched in,
i found that my reading glasses were not with me.
I can not work with out them,
not with what i do,
so i went back and the same man accosted me again.
I walked on this time.
Home i had to change out of my shirt and get a new hat,
they were soaked with sweat.
Back to work and i see the same guy working other people,
he did not try me again.
Work was busy,
many phone calls due to a letter that had gone out.
I was trying to correct some code in VBA,
but the interruptions made it near impossible.
The calls were nice tho and i settled in and answered the questions the best i could,
nice people all.
Bed bugs, water samples, questions,
it was a busy day.
I got the code to work and i was happy.
It ended up being a good day despite a auspicious beginning.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY -

ya, hungry people are persistent! So nice of you to buy him coffee :-)
Sorry about your glasses but it seems your day turned out ok
Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Granny Annie said...

Who are those people that speed up when you are crossing in front of them or even turning your car in front of them? You judge their speed before you turn. You have plenty of time and then suddenly they are on top of you. You can actually hear their speed increase. I always wonder why. We try to slow when we see someone turning in front of us or walking. And then the guy asking for coffee money. Sometimes it is best to just walk on by the first time because as you discovered one cup of coffee is never enough Glad the day ended up better than it started.

erin said...

and sometimes it goes the other way
but i'm glad this one ended on a higher note.

xo
erin