Saturday, February 4, 2012

An Elaborate ruse

They are pulling a trick on me
an elaborate one.
They are telling me that it is February
and that i did not go into a coma for 2 or 3 months,
but i know better.
My garden does not lie.
The oregano is sprouting,
as is the fennel
and chives.
The Forsythia are budding,
The weeds are growing in the garden
and i have not even tilled the soil yet!
It is over 50 F

They are telling me the Super bowl is tomorrow, but it can not be,
I do not know who won?
and everyone is telling me it is February.
They lie!

4 comments:

betchai said...

do you love the warm February this year Joey, and see everything sprouting when they should still be hibernating in your side of the globe? hope you have a good weekend.

Granny Annie said...

Are you serious? Is the Super Bowl today???? I don't even know who is playing.

Unknown said...

Granie, i told you every one was lying!

Anonymous said...

Yikes..your flowers are getting fooled! Hope they beat a hasty retreat if the snow comes.