Monday, April 30, 2012

First Fruits

I seem to be aware of my surrondings,
people tell me do not plant until such and such date,
but many times i do not listen,
The result is i have my first "harvest"...
Radishes and scallions.

There are more coming...
lettuce and cabbage and parsely and more
Mint and anise has been up and use them often.
Peppers are in and they have flowers.
The pollenators are out, bees and wasps and butterflies.
The cold in the morning reminds me of the mountains,
but i have a first harvest with more to come...
i guess i am a stubborn cuss!

7 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY - we had to bring in our tomato plants and basil too and we covered our eggplants. Hopefully we ar beyond the freeze/frost now.
Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Very cool. Good for you! I tried a garden last year, but my house backs up to some woods and raccoons pretty much had their way with my garden digging and eating and tearing things up. Couldn't figure out a way to keep them out, so I won't do a garden this year. Anyhow, enjoy your harvest. Must be so rewarding to what you have sown =)

Lori said...

I never listen either. When spring hits, I want to go play in the dirt, lol. I love fresh radishes from the garden. We still have some rather cool weather but my flowers are doing well. Getting ready to plant some veggies. Enjoy playing in your dirt. :)

Anonymous said...

I love fresh herbs, and especially tomatoes from the garden...too bad I don't have time to plant one..

someday!

betchai said...

there are many times that we don't have to listen, such as this, and you are showing us the joys of your gardening.

Salitype said...

wow, nice first harvest !

I always have trouble planting vegetables, slugs are pretty wild out here and I am having problem with poisons as my dog might get on it. I gave up after several tries !

aligaga

Unknown said...

aligaga - Put beer in an open container - the slugs are attracted and drown and the dog will be a bit happy!
Isabelle - racoons are a tough crowd - they don't like barking dogs tho...
I have now planted tomatoes as they are affected by cold, not just frost - wish you the best...