Sunday, April 29, 2012

How to handle a critic

Resently a  friend on face book commented on a photo by a local restaurant,
that i had not been impressed with it.  Now it my confusion in facebooks, i thought it was my friends posts and commented on it.
The restaurant responded, but not in a bad way, but with simple questions about the kind of food i liked.
I was encouraged and responded back in a kind of off handed way, but they came back in a positive way.
I reponded back more positively and now write this post.
When you eat out, you are a critic, if you write about it, it counts even more.
When a restaurant responds in such a mature manner as this one did, you give them accolades as i am doing now.
It also means i will go back and if things are good, will shout it from the house tops.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice response! I would give them another chance also.

Lori said...

Kudos to you. I supported my family for almost 20 years waiting tables. I would always tell the cooks and managers about feedback from customers. It does make a difference. When people spend their hard earned dollars to eat out, it should be a delightful experience. I loved it when I would see repeat customers. Give them another chance, it might be wonderful.. :)

betchai said...

oh this is such a positive experience Joey, glad for them to have such maturity for nice response.

Salitype said...

that's a nice way to handle criticisms, its all good !