Friday, May 25, 2012

damp, cool, miserable

35 years ago Memorial day weekend,
i arrived in this foreign land called Connecticut.
As a Texas boy,
 not having experienced any "weather" outside of Texas,
save a snowfall in August in Yellowstone...
i was shocked.
The upper temperatures were well below the lowest temperature in Houston at this time,
i was cold.
Today reminds me of this,
I woke up last night
and could not go back to sleep,
but nothing was troubling me.
Then i turned on the supplemental heater i have in my room
and
Wham!
i was asleep.
Yes, it is a typical
damp, cool (or cold by my view), miserable Connecticut Memorial Day weekend!

6 comments:

Salitype said...

I can never get over how CA weather is, couple days ago it was in high 80's, I put away my thick clothes. Today as I was driving rain started to pour in. Luckily, I always keep a light sweater in the car...

Enjoy your long holiday weekend !

aligaga

Anonymous said...

There is no place like Texas! Just ask any Texan;)

Anonymous said...

oh, I moved to wordpress, and I see blogger doesn't like to link to my profile there..

my new home:

http://justtobeisablessing.wordpress.com/

betchai said...

hope it gets warmer there Joey.

Annie Coe said...

Hi Joey. I come from Portland Oregon and the weather is just like this, which is why I moved to sunny Taos. It does get very cold here in the Winter though. I am sending you some sunshine. xoxo

Carole said...

Thanks for your comment on my yellow curry. I would love to fond out how to do proper Indian food!
Hope you have a good week - even though it has been cold