Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a day to reflect

After they finished detaching the electrodes from my head,
i walked home.
After i washed that gunk they put in my hair,
i slept.
I woke sightly disoriented,
knowing that i would not know anything for some time.
I was kinda dazed,
but not confused.
I wandered
and in that wandering i rested again
and i thought.
I cooked one of my favorites today:
my own enchiladas,
almost tasting like a Lasagna
in the way and manner
i slather and bake the tortillas with my own sauce.
Then the alarms went off in my head,
after we ate and i thought i had turned off the oven,
but had placed some chili peppers in to dry.
The second or may be the third time,
i had left something on,
when i thought it was shut.
I know there is something wrong,
whether they find it or not,
there is something wrong.

3 comments:

luluberoo said...

Today is Yom Kippur, a day of reflection for me also. And a day we pray for the health and happiness of others. I will add your name to those prayers (since I'll be in Temple all day, I have lots of time..;).
Hope your chiles were not too dried out.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

You caught it though. You've probably got angels watching over you. Praying for you to find healing and peace. God Bless, Joey. ... And so glad you enjoyed your enchiladas.

Granny Annie said...

I don't know if this would help you or not, but I have prepared a list of "routine tasks" and I check off those things that I have done. I will look it over several times a day to remember what still has to be done, plus I list "water off" and "stove off" and check to make sure especially before bed.