Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"At least your not bored"

i hear that phrase too often now that i have retired.
I returned for a few hours to train a new lab director.
I hear this too much,
it is irritating.
I have a person who is recovering from an operation and can not get around that i am assisting...
how can i be bored?
I am struggling with getting a house ready to sell,
how can i be bored?
I am an official "Conservator of person" for a gentleman who sometimes fades in his thinking process...
how can i be bored.
I have the two daughters of our dog staying over while the first person recovers and i cook the meals not only for my house, but for the same person's house.
Bored????
It offends me.

1 comment:

Carole said...

People just don't know what to say to someone who is not in paid employment. I try just to be amused by them rather than getting at all cross. Cheers