Tuesday, June 18, 2013

sucess

In the past few months, i have attempted to improve my overall health.
Doing more has brought its own stress, but also a special reward.
I started in February at 245 pounds!  yes, you heard correctly,
i was badly over weight.
I also was at a point of not caring.
My blood sugars were averaging in the 140's to 160's first thing in the morning, but not going too high even after eating.
Today, i am 200 with a goal of 190 before the summer end...
and my blood sugar?  Today it was 99, the best in many months with averages about 120.
I do not think i changed that much in my eating habits, but then again, maybe i did!

The wild weather , a very wet and periodically hot June has brought molds and mildews out in basements and crawlspaces and damp closets.
Now molds may trigger an asthma type response, but they also may have a hallucinogenic effect on people.
I had some heavy exposure for a few days and my mood did go south (even though there was cause also).
benadryl helped and removing the exposure also.

Better times are coming~i hopw!

3 comments:

betchai said...

oh wow, so happy for you Joey, congratulations on those health improvements, and am with you in hoping for more health improvements. same here, molds and mildew triggers my allergic asthma too, hope it does not get worsen for you. wish you the best of health always.

Gail said...

HI JOEY
all good news, good numbers. I am changing life long habits too. I am gluten free now, no red meat, and NO added salt. Thank God wine is gluten free and salt-free! :-)
Love you man
Gail
peace....

Unknown said...

i will not go gluten free, but it exists as a possibility in my mind - the big difference is no pasta - even the whole grain ones increase the sugar levels!