Thursday, November 7, 2013

the incredible strangeness of being me.

My birthday is soon to be.
I celebrate...well differently.
Since the idea hit me strongly on my 33rd birthday,
i try to do something for others.
That year i bought every one who was close to me, presents.
Yes you read that correctly.
This year, i am inviting people over so i can cook a favorite meal:
Smoked brisket,
my mac and cheese,
butter beans (Lima beans)
and a few other things.
i did one special thing for another and their daughter.
It is my way of saying thank you for being in my life
and having fun while doing it.
I actually do not want anything (not that i will refuse any offering, but you get the idea).
So in a few days, i get to celebrate my strangeness...enjoy!

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

That is not a bit strange. It is a wonderful idea and is a great way to celebrate your own life by sharing it with others.

Is that your new Halloween picture?

Unknown said...

it was me at a "chili" cook-off. I was being particularly strange that day! Thank you Granny!

eastcoastlife said...

Have a Happy and Blessed birthday!! Wish I was living nearby so I could get an invitation. :)