Friday, February 28, 2014

What happens when you retire

at least for me, that is.
It has been a year and i feel busier than ever,
but there is much more to it than that.
I always seem to have some thing to do?
Well not always, but when i need to stop, i can and do.
I do things that might not be absolutely necessary,
but now i have the time.
This especially relates to cleaning.
I do more "things" with others.
More people include me in their after work activities
and rely on me to do special things.
I walk more.
Any time that the weather permits that is.
Do i get lonely or board?
Sometimes i am alone, i am never bored.
I need some inspiration to do some things,
like repair cracks in the kitchen floor or paint a picture
and that seems what i wait for most of all.
Being alone does not mean i am lonely,
but i have been distracted by wanting to be around other people.
I actually get to spend time doing things i really like, such as cooking
and since i am of the "low and slow cooking is the best school",
i am in heaven.
My house smells wonderful most of the time.
Then i get to blog when it hits me,
not when i can make time.

Blogging is important, it lets me share my heart.

6 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Won't it be nice to have someone taste the yummy meals you cook? I would love to be your neighbour. One day, maybe we will meet and we can try each other's cooking. :D

eastcoastlife said...

I am not of retirement age yet. LOL

Zenserly said...

Oh I am envious :) sometimes I wish I were already retired to have all the time to blog, cook and take long walks...: )

Unknown said...

sharing food, cooking together is a wonderful thing and it is so much more than a lot of other things!

I was fortunate that my employer allowed me to retire at 58 with 33+ years at the same job!

Gail said...

HI JOEY - you are truly enjoying your retirejment and I am so happy for you. I too enjoy my/our time together, lazy days. cooking, out and about, whatever. Love it
Love you man
Gail
peace....

Granny Annie said...

I seem to spend my retirement planning. Ron always said 90% of the job is planning.