Monday, June 30, 2014

The Early Morning inspiration

I wake to see the lilies open for the day,
for at night they close.

I think of the lessons learned,
that brokenness is always at the heart.

Brokenness is being freed from the old and habitual power of self
from the haunting, grasping insecurity that causes us to run from others.

I think about my own arrogance

Isaiah 40:12
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand,
    or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,
    or weighed the mountains on the scales
    and the hills in a balance?


Where lessons learned begin with humility,
and giving up is not an option.

Humility stands defenseless before an accuser, neither needing nor preparing an answer.

Why then do I need more words spoken to me?

So Buffy, the musical speaks to my heart:
Where's there's life, there's hope
Everyday's a gift
Wishes can come true
Whistle while you work.


So that's my refrain
I live in hell

'Cause I've been expelled
From Heaven
I think I was in Heaven...


So give me something to sing about!
Please give me something...


Life's not a song
Life isn't bliss
Life is just this:
It's living
You'll get along
The pain that you feel
You only can heal
By living
You have to go on living

Because of fear
For it is fear,
not anger,
nor hate,
fear is what is used to separate us from each other.

I am not afraid any more.


No comments: