About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Friday, September 30, 2016

the outlook changes

it is my attitude that is changing,
not my circumstance
and it came out of my mouth,
yesterday,
without warning.
I remembered something,
concerning someone else
and they were surprised.
From my mouth came positive words,
"It is because i know what it is to lose memory,
that i now cherish every thing i do remember."
Positive words
and they cam from my heart,
i did not think them out
and i was surprised.
For eight years,
i struggled with what i had lost,
not counting the blessing of what i had.
it is now i find the joy,
coming from each thing that i lost,
to cherish those things that now exist.
A breath,
a memory,
a thought,
a site
and a taste...
each are precious
and i do not know why it took so long,
but i am here.
I am glad
Post a Comment