Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stamford taxes

Funny everyone always talks about the budget increases when a proposed budget occurs, but they forget about the uncontrolled taxes from the WPCA. Created to remove the sewer tax from your tax bill (in the process make it so you can't claim it as a deduction any more). The tax has increased twice since its inception and there is NO PUBLIC OVERVIEW! Why was this allowed ? - it was when we made a charter change and set this up.
So when are we going to start protesting this? The BoF doesn't say a thing about this, The Taxpayer defense team is quiet - cause they like attention? And talking about sewage isn't uppermost on peoples mind?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I never really thought about the WPCA bills before or exactly what they were. I just assumed it was a water utility. But I guess I pay Aquarion for my water usage.

OK, now I have yet another financial topic to be angry about...