Thursday, August 21, 2008

Begginings

in 1977 I came to Stamford, with a small gtoup of peoole who believed this was whete we were to be for awhale.


Ha


I hadlived in houston texas all of my life befoe except for a few months in Va beach. Iwas finsishing coolege and really not knowing what dirsection to go.

e I see unclearly with one eye and not well at all with theother

The friends U met, had come down to Houaton in Persuit of a spiritual community



This is practice right now cau



finding my way blindly on a key board is diffucult, spelling, never strong harder

b ut this experience reminds me of first coming to Stsmford

mu friends were asked to bring their experience with them here and thety asked if I would come

never living away from home and really comfused about direction helped me move.

I would work in my field and got a job qiickly.

but the reason we came disapperaed quickly and we were in Stamford trying to survie.

Sometimes I know it was right, sometimes I wonder, we went ot a beautiful methodist church and were welcolmed until the spiritual pople wanted to convert everyone, then to a congregational church where prety much the samething happened'the pople who claimed the moost spirituLLITY ALWAYS SEED TO DISLIKE THOSE WHO LIVED QUIET LIVES.

Emphasisis a typo???



So we camewup got pushed aound and then got another call.

I think my job at the Health Department happen near the same time as when we got invikved in St Lukes Chapel in the south end. It was a mess, but the E[iscopal church need a small group of dedicated people to turn it in something it was not... a minisstry
Else it would be torn down
Frank Marzullo had ideas and the government had geant and God had his own way with everything
Rene Kahn was happy, the cirty was happy, the poeplein the southend were happier'Even Desond Tutu said it was CT only inner city minisry when he came to visit
We were politly??? asked to give back to the clergy after 7 years, a lot of heart ache, loss ans locve. We gladly did and the Community of St Luk/es ministry become St Luke sociak services with more monry and people then we ever saw.
But is this the way always???
I do not know as I sit in this hosspital room struggling with my new temporary disabilities I wondrt.
I came in couse my Dr found a brain tumor thet was slowly destroyinhg me, but I wasn't yet
Tehy removed it and it is gone for ever and now I am struggling in the aftemath. beliveing I did the right thing, but sstruggling.
When I can see I will edit, but this israw and it wil go up
The important things in life
Spirituallity
Love
God
Kindness
Caring
giving
sharing
love
kindness
familoy all of ot exended and blood
generosity
SprirituaLITY I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO LIVE WITH OU IT
love and kindness
LCK OF fEAR

pEACE TO ALL

No comments: