Saturday, January 17, 2009

Visiting

I got to spend an entire afternoon out at a friends today. It was wonderful, but tiring. They have a larger house than I do so I could only use the glasses occasionally andthat meant i kept my patch most of the time. they wanted to see what my new glasses do though and lo and behold, when they tried them on , they saw double vision! they quickly took the things off and said ' man how can you live that way!' Obviously, I have, but it is exhausting. I keep using that word, but by 3:300, I had to take a nap and by 5:30, I was back home and on the computer, where I can use the glasses again! That is a relief. Too often I feel like a drunk without the booze. Which reminds me, i think I need a drink now.

2 comments:

Manager Mom said...

I'm having a drink myself. At my Mom's house, she was just diagnosed with cancer herself but is doing well. I'm glad to see you're doing well... hope the dog visit was fun!

Unknown said...

Ah, manager Mom, my heart goes out to you. Cancer is a scary thing and the path with it not clear. Because there are some many areas of hope now with treatments, it may not be as terrible as we would all fear. I have an uncle who was diagnosed with melanoma of the bone 3 years ago and the treatments have kept it in remission! Keep us informed so we may give you encouragement and support.