Sunday, January 18, 2009

Problems and outlook

I sway,
left to right,
right to left,
as if drunk,
but haven't consumed a drop!
The world doubles and swirls,
The snow outside hasn't stopped.

Welcome to my world, at this time. It almost seems worse that some times I can see well, because when i can't it is a real pain, but I woke up still thankful for all that i have.
At this point, I often branch out to the amny different things in other peoples lives:
A person I call a brother (but not by blood) in Virginia with significant heart problems and no insurance;
A friend here in Stamford, whose mom is having issues with unresponsive doctors,
Uncool's child with the autoimmune disease,
Manager moms' mom just diagnosed with cancer.
All these people remind me as a Buddhist saying - In this world, there is suffering.
My corollary is problems become what we make of them or they make of us what they are.
No more for today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Manager mom has cancer!!?! I didn't know this!! We've met in person before and she is a wonderful woman. This just isn't fair! I send her my best and to Uncools child. Uncool is another great guy I have met. I hope they all pull through just fine.

Unknown said...

There are some really cool people who have come into this area lately and I too feel fortunate to have met some of them through our blogging meeting (I got to go to one before my Adventure began).

Unknown said...

I sent Manager Mom an email. I misread your blog and thought she was sick but it was her mother. I still wish her mom the best of course and it sounds like manager mom's mom will be OK. so thank goodness for that.

Blogger meetings are fun. hopefully there will be more and we can all meet up again.