Friday, July 31, 2009

Finished for now

My "muse" seems to have taken a short leave, which is good cause I do not know to explain things well using it.
I had some great encouragement this week from a friend a work telling me how well am I compared to when I first came back to work.
This was not a "You look fine, I need something from you now" talk. This was "do you realize how much you have improved?" statement which was very encouraging.
I generally find my greatest support from people who actual work with people instead of those enforcing ordinances.
A picture for you to try to understand.

It is my glasses with the real world over the top and what I see is the both commingled. The images from both my eyes are mot aligned with each other or reality and so I get two completely clear 2 dimensional images on top of one another.
It really is strange.
I am definitely working 6 hours a day, mostly because the eye strain is intense. My other strength is improving.
And just like grant they have me coming in on Sunday for a short stint. It should not be a problem cause I will just rest the rest of the time.
Yes it is coming from those who have no idea of how to comprehend what I am dealing with, everything is really about them.
There is also a strange curse knowing several languages, a friend was talking on the phone with someone I think she is interested in and said I was "feo" or ugly, not handsome.
I thought it would bother me, but I don't care about being pretty or handsome, I am just glad to be alive.
I actually am doing well even with all the rain.

4 comments:

patty said...

Maybe the person who said that about you has a feo mark on her soul.

listen for azure said...

I think it's wonderful that you didn't let the comment bother you. Our soul is what makes us beautiful or handsome and she obviously didn't have that understanding.

You are anything but "feo", whitemist.

Barry said...

As someone facing major surgery in a few weeks myself, it is always encouraging to discover someone who has been through the worst and is on the mend.

In other words, pretty or not, I'm glad you're alive too!

cherie said...

beauty is as beauty does - wasn't the fox brilliant when he said what is beautiful is invisible to the eye?...