Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Going too deep

As I seemed to have lost my Stamford people (at least as far as comments go), i will return to my strange explorations.
Monday evening i was faced with an old fear. It is fairly non-descript, so i have no real handle on it, but it stretches back from before i have any memories and has affected many relationships.
Some of its actions are easy to describe, need for control of me, not being able to flow, heck, being frozen in place! These are not interesting and very frustrating, but may be at the source of my conflict between the creative, spontaneous side and my analytical, cautious side.
At this moment the analytical side seems to be taken control, i am not ready for that ride yet.
And yet....

Even tho i see only darkness,
the stars still shine.
Even tho the night is bleak around me,
i know the dawn is just below the eastern sky.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Maryland painting.

As for the Stamford readers...
I have noticed that readers come and go. Some disappear for awhile and then return.

Annie Coe said...

One thing Joey is that you have control over your different sides. You have control over your thoughts. Sending lots of love and hugs.

Libby said...

yup..."the darkest hour is just before the dawn"...i'm finding out how true that is! *still loving all over that lighthouse!*

Unknown said...

Glad you like the lighthouse Libby - I painted as a gift for some one who has passed and she gave it back as she was dying.
Annie - the Analytical side ruled for any years and really suppressed my creative side after a while. It is time for balance!
Matthew - glad you like the lighthouse! There will be more!

Unknown said...

Continue with the strange observations no matter what. You may lose the Stamford people but gain people from far beyond the area and build a worldwide group of sorts. You can't beat that.

This fear sounds like my anxiety attacks though I don't think that' what you are suffering from. Attack it and don't let it hold you down.