Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It Comes

I sit watching people pass by.
Those who think they have lives ignore me,
those who do not look at me with desire.
Why, I have so little to offer,
they can not see, that i do not see.
They walk well and walk past
and I, I sit, waiting.
Patience is not an easy thing.
It is almost a year. since the operation,
That save my life, but took the life I knew
and changed it forever.
It is not easy sitting, but it is what I do best now.
I stand, I stumble.
I walk, I fall.
Those who look with envy, what do they see?
Those who do not look at all, what have they missed?

5 comments:

Libby said...

oh, my God, joey! those last few lines say it all, don't they? i never thought they'd apply to me, and i'm sure you never did, either.

listen for azure said...

Phenomenal, Whitemist. You have me in tears.

Lou said...

This is excellent! Life changing events are really "soul changing" events.

cherie said...

they miss nothing, as indeed, life has been nothing to them, after all. happy sitting, and watching, sir. in time, i might be fortunate to do the same...

ExtraO said...

I think they missed a lot. :-)