Monday, July 20, 2009

One more time

They tried again today. they tried to take control of my work space. By 9 Am,I was being hit with just about every demand I could have at work. I took a deep breath and they waited. The phones rang and they went into voice mail, People came in and they waited. I finished one thing at a time and then went on to the next. i could tell that made people unhappy, they had to deal. One meeting, a question came out that was so dumb I told the person they would not be allowed to sample on the spot in front of everyone else.
Taking it slow helped, I stayed longer than ever since a year ago (in a few weeks).
I came home and slept, it was good.
Things are looking up.

5 comments:

Grant said...

When it rains, it pours...idiots.

Unknown said...

So right you are Grant... ID 10 TS!

Susan English Mason said...

Good for you. That'll teach the person to get some sleep, be quiet, and be prepared next time.

listen for azure said...

I love your strategy - and am trying to live that every day!

I also am enjoying every moment. I loved your comment about my job. I feel so fortunate that we met!!

Annie Coe said...

I am proud of you. Going slow and doing one thing at a time is the only way to go, better than rushing, making mistakes and stressing.