Monday, July 13, 2009

Perceptions

Mot about my eyes, well maybe a bit. People are telling me I look real good. They see me at work, doing what i used to do. They see me around the house doing things, in the garden, in the kitchen. They see me painting with my water colors.
I was told several times how good I look, one even characterized it at 99%.
There is a misperception. I really am only doing about 60%, but while I am active i am giving everything i have, i guess i could characterize it as 139%.
Of course that mean I go home early and collapse, but people still don't get it. They see me as lucky to be going home early. They think I am doing things they can't because go home early to do things.
Today was a really good day, I was at work till 2 PM. I was inspired, investigating my database on ticks and Lyme disease and symptoms and treatment. At the end, it took me 2 hours to recover, but that is me.
I walked downtown on a beautiful Sunday, I will do it again, but it does tire me out.
I am doing the work that took me 8 hours, in 6. Of course there is no lunch break yet, but that is how much effort I am putting in to this. I am helping people. That is a real plus and some how inspiring some of them who do realize what is going on. That is amazing.
I am ok, but I know that most people do not have a clue how NOT okay I am.

6 comments:

Libby said...

yeah, i know what you mean...but you can shake it off, and deal with it while you need to, and there are an amazing amount of people that cant!

Unknown said...

Well, I'd say you may be working harder than most people who are there all day and if you get to leave early to hell with what they think. But I understand even the simple things can be a bit more taxing on you these days than the average Joe or Jane. Still, I do see the recovery creeping in and those around you are noticing. So it's not 99% yet but it will be before you know it.

Grant said...

I'm apparently well enough now that people have stopped commenting on how well I look, which is nice except that I'm now expected to work 60+ hours a week like a regular jackoff. I spent the last weekend in bed recovering from that.

Annie Coe said...

Perhaps you are pushing yourself too much?
Only you know. I am glad you are doing better and you will get better everyday. Before you know it, you will be 100% :-).

listen for azure said...

PS: I left you a present on my blog this morning!!

Unknown said...

Annie - I thought about that, but there are 2 points that make me think not.
One is that I do leave by 2 PM at the latest and two there is a Damion in me that has to know. If you read the environmental blog, you would see that.
Grant how well I understand exactly what you are saying!
Thank you Ricardo for the encouragement!
Thank you Libby for a real sweet gift!