Saturday, August 22, 2009

An encounter

There is a saving grace in this life.
When I am taken to the store to do weekly shopping, I seek one person out.
It is because she laughs and has fun while we checkout.
I had been worn out by several weeks.
My eyesight appeared to be getting worse.
One trip to the store,
one brief moment with a person who knows how to laugh,
cleared my heart and thus my brain.
My double vision is back on its original path, slowly getting better.
I will seek out more laughter any where I can find it.
I will give it when ever.
This is something that keeps our hearts free.

9 comments:

Barry said...

I love synchronicity. I was posting about the power of laughter today as well.

Glad to hear your double vision is getting better.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely!!

Gail said...

Hi Joey-
that ole cliche is SO right - "Laughter is the best medicine" -
so good to know you had a good dose of it and that it helped.

Keep laughing
love Gail
peace.....

Annie Coe said...

What a wonderful post Joey! It is so true and it is important that we try to be that light for others.
xoxo

Lou said...

I wrote last month about people who bring dignity and pride to their job, no matter what it is. Look how this lady makes people happy...I loved this post.

cherie said...

hi sir! have you told her how her laughter makes your day? i will post some more funnies for you. i hope your eyesight gets better. mine, sadly, has gone worse!

Enemy of the Republic said...

This is truly lovely--a great meditation on the mystery of grace.

Jeannette StG said...

Where does it say again, that laughter is medicine for a soul? Mmm, maybe a fee translation of a scripture?

Unknown said...

I have gotten very bold in telling people what they do to me, both positive and negative, tho I am faster with the positive than the negative.