Thursday, August 20, 2009

Difficult Stuggling Dreams

Last night I had a series of them, I remember the last one.
I know that I have been having them for a number of days (weeks?).
I am in the lab doing something and there is a flurry of activity.
I must finish what I am doing.
A woman, who I do not know walks in demanding a copy of a report.
She is some one important.
The report brought down her Ex.
He was a Senator. He was driven out of office by the report.
She now wants an official copy so she can get money from him.
She is divorcing him.
The copy has a pen line through one result and a hand written values over it.
The typed line would not have been a problem. The written line is.
It does not look real, but it looks a bit like my hand writing.
It is something I would never do.
I demand to be able to finish my work.
My co-worker is not helping and is saying things to hinder me.
Other people come in the lab who have no business there.
They are gawking at the woman.
Some I know, some I don't.
One asks if i think she would be interested in him because she will have lots of money.
I look at him like he is crazy.
I finish what I was doing and go to my computer.
Only it has been disconnected with wires all over the place.
I try to start to put it together and a bunch of gaming disks fall out the back of the stand.
I claim someone is tampering with things.
I call IT.
End of dream.

The emotion of the dream is what is important, the struggles, the frustration, the feeling that nothing ends. That feeling is what has been reproduced in a number of other dreams (not in the Lab or at work) that i do not remember.
I no longer wonder why there is so much stress in my shoulders.

7 comments:

cherie said...

will painting the dreams relieve the stress? you are most interesting, sir...

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

Dreams can be so unsettling. May I make a suggestion?

Ince you have woken up and are feeling' the ill-effects of a dream - close your eyes and return to a day dream state of mind and then finish the dream as you would have preferred it ended. It is quite effective in changing how one feels.
I have done this many, many times and it works.
Love Gail
peace.....

Enemy of the Republic said...

By the way, I took the color test. We are both violet.

I have a huge problem with bad dreams. I go through periods in which my dreams are just awful--most of them I don't remember, but I wake up with the fear of God in me. Apparently I've been so traumatized that I've hit and kicked my husband. Two days ago I had a dream--I don't remember, but my husband does as he had to wake me up out of it, I was screaming. It had something to do with him getting murdered in front of my eyes. I don't remember, but that is what he said when I woke up. I hate this. I don't think people often understand what our dreams can do to us.

listen for azure said...

I wish I could somehow, magically, grant you a long, good night's restful sleep.

That sounds very disruptive, your dream. You obviously have a lot of things weighing heavily right now.

Libby said...

just reading that made me all tense!

Unknown said...

I have never been afraid in dreams, I think the dreams themselves relieve some stress because I have a lot stored up.
I think it is a self help mechanism. I also like to look at these dreams and see what they are telling me, to me it seems fairly obvious, my recovery is taking long enough and i am stress by it. i have a lot of decisions to make and I have to stay true to my course no matter. It is much harder than it sounds tho.

betchai said...

glad to know the dream helped you relieve some stress that were stored up. hope the next nights were better for you and had a good night sleep.