Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I am crazy, trust me

Before I go parading around blog word, catching up on things, let me let you in on my Monday/Tuesday.
Monday was bizarre - I worked until 12, took 3 furlough (no pay) hours, then came back at 5 and worker overtime for 4 hours.
I was not too steady on my feet when i left.
I also told my boss about my intentions for disability retirement.
Now you say if you can work 8 hours in the day????
Well when I went home, I slept for 2 hours and it took 2 cups of coffee to get me going.
There was also some attitude in me, because the people collecting the samples are not being allowed to do it during regular working hours and I, I have to set them all up.
So, if they are getting overtime hours, I who do all the pre-setup work and all the post analysis, need to get over time and since I have to take 8.25 furlough Days, this is as good a way as any to use the time.
Now my boss, who I told my thoughts of yesterday, told me today, I was looking very good for someone who worked all those hours. I was wobbling all over the place and left at 1:30 today (not 2 or later as it has been).
Do I worry, no. I make more mistakes in a day than I used to in a week, it is just I am catching them. The state has some of those mistakes documented. I am not worried.
My attitude is good, but we will see.
More later!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hang in there and stay balanced in all things.

Libby said...

joey, i'm hoping all the best for you!

Grant said...

People think I look fine and so have no problem with assigning me overtime. I hate having to remind my bosses that I'm sick and physically limited.

Unknown said...

I am reading all the comments, but really have not gotten to respond to them. I will get back to that soon.