Saturday, August 22, 2009

A quick restraunt critic

I decided to go out for dinner and walked downtown with a friend. He wanted Mexican and so we tried Maryann's.
It is a no go on many levels
The food, not colorful or flavorful.
The guacamole was poorly mashes avocado with little else.
Very little heat (spice), no cilantro, no chili pepper, no salt.
The service was fine.
The restaurant was hot with no fans and little air.
All the doors and windows were open with no screens.
I will not go back.

6 comments:

betchai said...

sorry about that, i definitely understand why you won't want to go back.

Jeannette StG said...

I wouldn't go back either!

cherie said...

carramba! tsk, tsk. try chinese next time? anyway, please grab the Cupcake award from my site - I just gave you one! cheers!

Grant said...

The name Maryann's doesn't sound very authentic. Next time try Taco Bell.

Lori said...

First time here. I am a waitress, have been for 20 years. I get so angry when people go out to eat and spend their hard earned money and have a miserable dining experience. I like my guest to leave happy and feel like they got their money's worth. Most important? I want them to come back. I like your blog.

Unknown said...

Lori - I will tip generously, if I believe they are trying to give me good service. The food of course has to bring me back
Grant - Taco Bell would have been much better - except for the service
To all far away - there are times I will write on place I eat ate in different areas, most will be favorable in some way. I usually am mot harsh, but this needed to be.
Cherie - there was a new Indian/Chinese influenced place across the street that i will try next time!