Saturday, August 8, 2009

My One Year Anniversary

It has now been a year since I woke up in that hospital bed with tubes running out of me, confused, dazed and not really sure if I was dead or alive.
So many thoughts went on, some about doctors arguing about what and was not practicing medicine, some about why I could not swallow, some about the strange things I remember from the day of the surgery.
They were all strange and bewildering things.
I had not grasped that I had almost died after the operation.
I did not know what was happening with my vision.
I simply clung on to some strange and unusual hope that I would get better.
I was at that time, thinking of what happened to me as awful.
I was scared.
I had no idea what was really going on.
There was a transformation occurring deep inside.Some where I was becoming empathetic, my view on life was becoming more, Joyous.
Apparently, I was a pleasure for the nursing staff because i was just plain happy I was alive. I gave up and in that giving up, I let them do what ever they needed to do and some how, I changed deep inside.
I am not the same person I was a year ago. I do not even recognize who that person was.
There are some of the same feeling, but even now, it feels like I am moving at a rockets pace to unfamiliar space and I am excited.
Some friends took me to the new restaurant last night in Byram, Lolita. I enjoyed the nuevo Mexican food greatly. They did not know it was my anniversary, I think I will tell them tomorrow.

9 comments:

cherie said...

happy anniversary, sir! cheers to a new life!

Grant said...

Happy anniversary. Hope you have many more.

Susan English Mason said...

Happy Anniversary on having a new lease on life and a more joyous outlook.

patty said...

happy anniversary, my blog friend!

betchai said...

happy anniversay on having another chance at life and now living it happily and joyfully, excited with the days and ahead. glad to hear that.

Annie Coe said...

Happy anniverary of your new life :-). Even though it was scary, it sounds like it was worth it. More joy to ya :-).

Jeannette StG said...

That is great Joey, I am thankful, grateful, and joyful with your new life!

Kevin McKeever said...

We're happy to have to you still around.

listen for azure said...

I love the things you celebrate. Your mse is working extra hard today!