Thursday, August 6, 2009

I remember

Specifically the song by Simon and Garfunkel, "Mrs. Robinson". There music was probably the only music I was able to relate to back then.
They talked of loneliness so many times, in so many tunes.
I am reminded how fortunate I am with my very close friends and then I met them,
the lonely people. The ones who are scared and lonely and actually say hi back when you greet them.
Some how I am reminded of another poet and the Hollow men, which I saw read by a wonderful thespian in High school.
I have seen some one as I walk near our street, who invited me for a beer as I walked past. We talked a bit and I knew he was lonely. There are so many lonely people in this world!
How fortunate am I!

5 comments:

cherie said...

i get lonely, too, sometimes - i think we all do!

listen for azure said...

I always envied people that would engage other people in conversation, try to make friends. I was too shy.

Mark said...

You are wise to be so grateful!

Barry said...

Fundamentally, I suppose, we are all alone. We are all we have.

But there are few times in life that are lonelier than in our teens.

Unknown said...

That's a very good tune and yes, you are quite fortunate to have people and not be alone.