Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Morning Reflections

I am up early - come what, 7 ish, sitting on the porch. It is quite.
I have to go in at some point to work.
No one else in the lab knows what to do with these samples, or has an interest.
A bird with lots of yellow on it flits among the flowers, I think it is an oriole.
Another, with just a touch of yellow on his breast, flits among the branches of the shrubs, it is a warbler.
There is a child laughing in one of the houses, i reflect.
The children of this neighborhood, play very well together, even the one who has "issues" (his mother and father are in jail and he stays with with grandmother).
They all seem to like me, for what ever reason.
Every so often, friends of the neighborhood children come over and there is a polarization and the "difficult" child is an outcast. I do not like these other children.
They do not come around often, so most of the time all the children play well with each other.

Last night I challenged myself, I went with friends to the St. Leo church fair.
There are a lot of people who go. It is the most well attended church fair in the area.
I have not been in that level of crowds since the operation.
I did fine and ate raw oysters (yes, I know all about them and so what I do is with full knowledge) and steamed shrimp and pizza fritta.

I do one set of the eye exercises using the hybiscus flowers as focal points.


It is a beautiful Saturday morning.

10 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey-
I enjoyed spending time with you today. Have a glorious weekend. Stop by my place when you get a moment.

Love Gail
peace......

Salitype said...

wow! lovely flowers in your porch, very enticing to used as focal point.

i love seafoods but haven't tried raw oyster though! i might someday!

oh poor child! sometimes kids don't realized how their actions can caused some irreparable damaged to other kids.

Unknown said...

It is a nice Saturday. Sad that the summer is over. Never went to the St.Leo fair but glad you were out and about.

And those kids, remember...The Exorcist.

listen for azure said...

There is so much happiness in your writing here. I like it that you feel good when the kids play well - I'm the same way. I often bring the outcast of our neighborhood to my house to bake brownies for the rest. It puts him back in favor with everyone and gives him some adult time that is sorely lacking.

Beautiful flowers, by the way!

Libby said...

how neat! birds are magical to watch in the morning, aren't they?

Barry said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday morning. I'm glad you challenged yourself to get out to the church fair and had such a good time.

betchai said...

you have such pretty hibiscus. i have never tried raw oysters, but i do like oysters, steamed though.

Scarlet said...

Your story about the neighborhood kids reminded me of growing up in NY. It was always a horrible day when the bullies showed up, but when they didn't all of us got along beautifully. For the most part, I loved my childhood.

I read over on the right about the tumor you had, but I don't know your full story. I'm happy to hear you are going out and about and enjoying life, friends and good eats!

I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

PS - Those flowers are amazing!!

Unknown said...

Scarlet - this has been an on going adventure since the beginning of last August - I started blogging about it as soon as I was able, the progression of my writing at times is scary. It is worth a look see.
Betchi - for some people raw oysters are an acquired taste as they kinda slither down, but with my throat, they are the perfect food. I also grew up on the Gulf of Mexico coast and they were always available.
Libby - birds are magical as they "flit". There is nothing else quite like them.

Aligaga said...

I haven't had oysters for more than 10 years, so when I saw oysters in the buffet restaurant we went the other day - I got a couple of them just to try again and they are delicious !

Those are pretty hibiscus !