Monday, October 12, 2009

A day to recover, a day to prepare.

Today is my second day off in this long weekend, I worked yesterday.
I started quietly, stilling my heart from the mad rush it has been in.
Dwelling on things that are beautiful, finding that quiet place in my soul.
The storms will come tomorrow,
but today I am looking at being, not doing.
This is nice, this is health and healing.
There will be things to do, but today, I shall not be overcome by them.
I want so badly to paint a fall scene that flits in and out of my mind,
but I can not yet capture it, it is still too fleeting.
There will be good to do today and maybe good to be done for me today as well.
It is crisp outside, but warm inside and that does not hurt.
Today, I shall not be hasty.

10 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Whitemist, beautiful, gorgeous, wise you. Receive the day.

Thank you for your kind words my way.
xo
erin

Barry said...

"A day for being and not doing!" --or I like that! What a great idea! Enjoy.

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

I feel your 'calm', your peaceful intent, your desire to just "be" -
today is good.

Love you
Gail
peace.....

Grant said...

Crap - I'm back in the office. Work sucks.

Lori said...

Enjoy your day off. Sometimes everyone needs a day to just "be". Fall is beautiful to paint. So many colors. It is a gift to be able to capture that on canvas. We have a covered historical bridge in Md not too far from my house. It is the only one in the state, I think. It is over water and many urban legends arose from the covered bridge. Make a good painting. Be well, heal. If you don't take care of self, than you are no good to others. Don't be hasty, savor the day off.

Jeannette StG said...

stilling you heart - I like that expression! and I LOVE your header - you're in autumn mood, I guess:)

Cherie said...

i need to tell myself to not be hasty, too.

Scarlet said...

"Today, I shall not be hasty." I think I'll make that my motto EVERY day this week. Today was a hectic today. Tomorrow I'll slow down.

PS - I hope you paint what inspires you! :)

listen for azure said...

I look forward to the day that painting finds its way out. I hope it's soon....

Unknown said...

Everyone needs days like that.