Wednesday, October 21, 2009

planng a celebration

I am planning something.
It has been running around in the back of my mind for some time.
I began to prepare a menu and have just started to gather the things i need.
It means that my days off will be busy until November 9, because on November 8, I am throwing a party.
I think i have something to celebrate, it will be my birthday on the 9th, but the 8th is a Sunday.
I think I may be just a little bit crazy.
No, make that a lot crazy.
But there is much to celebrate!
No more painting till this is out of my system!
I know that I must balance rest with this, but I want to have fun.
Last year, i was too much in the thick of it to even think this way.
I am happy I can even think to do this.

7 comments:

Grant said...

Once you have the booze, the rest of the party is just gravy.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Wow, talk about coincidences. My amazing Mom was born on November 9th - she will be 86 this year. :-) Also, my sister's eldest son passed away on November 9th - so On Sunday November 8th we are having my Mom's birthday dinner - I am making my delicious marinara sauce - a batch of meatballs and a nice pan of stuffed shells. My sister is making the salad, getting the Italian bread and my daughter is bringing the cake!! :-)

We honor my nephew every year too - with songs and a donation to 'Make-A-Wish' - AND it is my sister's birthday on November 13th so we will celebrate her as well. A very full November 8th for us both it seems.

I will excited to hear your menu and who is invited.

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Kevin McKeever said...

Party on, Joey K -- you deserve it.

Scarlet said...

Rest up...we have a lot to celebrate this year! :)

Libby said...

may i be the first to wish you a very happy birthday, joey! you deserve it!

Unknown said...

So am I invited or what? I find excuses to celebrate and make you join in :-)

cherie said...

oh my, got back here on time, then! i'll bring the balloons...