Saturday, November 14, 2009

Beauty

I awoke early, as usual and
felt unseen arms hold on to me,
caressing my head and face.
I am very lucky to have persons who care so deeply for me, I thought,
for it was not one, but several.
Each with their hearts caring for me.

I have sent pieces of my heart out
to most of those I meet.
Some hide the piece
and pretend they never had it.
Other grasp for more,
to take it all is what they want.
Others still crunch it between their heel,
for any thought is unwelcome.

Then there are those who treasure it,
and i return send a piece of their heart back.
Those are the ones I woke up to this morning.
It was beautiful.

Maybe one day I will wake up and
they will not be invisible.

The wind blew today,
but the leaves of many colors stayed strong.
many were gone,
but many more hung on.
In their brilliant show,
yellows, ocher, orange and red.
They are beautiful.

Soon these will pass,
but for now they are beautiful.

7 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

I feel that you have loved and lost, and loved and won - haven't we all? At first I thought, what is he sharing about? My mind went some place else!! :-) I read on, and I followed and I felt.
Love to you my friend
Gail
peace........

Barry said...

A very moving poem Joey and a good description of the human condition.

I think there are a lot of people out here who don't want to be invisible.

Woman in a Window said...

Beautiful indeed.

Did this really happen? Did you feel this way upon waking?

There must have been something in the world today touching many people. I felt full and loved today, alone in my kitchen. I know of a few others who felt an uncanny touch of tenderness.

I'll get up from my knees and hug you full. How bout that?

xo
erin

Unknown said...

I woke feeling those arms, which were persons hearts sent to me. It was a beautiful feeling and one to sing about.
I wish that for many others.

Annie Coe said...

That was lovely. Thank you for all your loving support during Spike's ordeal. xoxo

Tes said...

This is poignant and tender. You write beautifully! Your poem is simple, but it pierces the heart. Such a wonderful feeling to wake up feeling "loved."

Yes, there are those who break our heart and those who treasure it. But it is such a novelty to just love, love and love!

Thank you for sharing this to us, Joey!

Lori said...

Joey,

That was beautiful. You are right, maybe oneday they will not be invisible. To feel love in solitude is a wonderful gift. I wold go insane without my daily dose of solitude. Thanks for writing that.